Writer of the Month
In assembly on Friday our proud writers saw their work on our new display board, in the hall. Improving standards in writing is a whole school focus and we hope to help all our pupils develop into thoughful readers and creative writers. From September, the school will be following the 'Talk for Writing' approach. Through multi-sensory and interactive teaching, we hope to enable all children, of all abilities to learn to write a variety of genres. The 'Talk for Writing' approach includes:
- listening to and learning texts and stories
- taking part in drama and role-play
- drawing and story mapping
- collecting words and language strategies
- building the working knowledge of grammar
Look out for more information about Talk for Writing in the new school year.